Why should I start dancing?
If you are looking for a fun and exciting hobby, then learning to dance is just what you need! It is a magical way for you to stay fit whilst having fun and being creative. The great thing about learning to dance is that any one, of any age, can take part. Whatever the weather, you can guarantee you won’t get wet and fed up because you're indoors. Dancing doesn't just benefit the body but also the mind and therefore it is becoming a large part of everyday life.
What are the benefits of learning to dance?
· improves self and physical confidence
· improves fitness, muscle tone and strength
· improves co-ordination and balance
· creates a positive attitude
· improves social skills
· lowers stress levels
· you become part of a big family
· it’s a great way to introduce the body to exercise if you have weak joints, as it is low impact
· learning to dance can help keep the mind active and prevent the onset of dementia.
So, ask yourselves these questions:
1. Do I want to improve my fitness?
2. Do I want to have fun whilst learning something new?
3. Do I want to improve my social circle?
4. Do I want to take part in a new hobby that is exciting and lively?
By joining a dance class, you will be surrounded by like-minded people. Instead of sitting in front of the TV, or thinking that you have nothing to do, why not take part in a dance class? After all, it is the most wonderful way to enhance your life!
So now, just ask yourself: ‘When am I going to start dancing?’